Friday, February 20, 2009

08-09 Upper Deck Series 2

So I head into my local card shop today. Got into a discussion with the owner about my luck with Black Diamond blasters. He says that I'm not alone in that, and would recommend blasters over a hobby box - and he sells hobby boxes, so that's saying something. Maybe I'm not as crazy as I think.....

Anyway, 7 Upper Deck series 2 packs today. 2 jerseys per box, 4 Young Guns rookies, inserts galore including the continuation of the entry level 08-09 UD Victory set (1 per pack). I bought 8 packs the other day, pulled a Rookie Playmaker jersey out of 100 (Blake Wheeler), Rookie Materials jersey (Wheeler again), and a regular jersey (Olli Jokinen). So I got the two box hits for jerseys, plus one more. Can I do it again?

Pack 1 - Perry, Higgins, Lydman, TJ Oshie Rookie Materials jersey, Oscar Moller Victory RC, Connolly, Godard, Cammaleri, Forsberg
I guess I can.

Pack 2 - Girardi, Hainsey, Hossa, UD Propoganda card, Stillman Victory, Jackman, Modin, Samuelsson, Paille
Huh. Well, the first pack was good.

Pack 3 - Regehr, Calder, Dumont, Ottawa Silver Seven Tales of the Cup insert, UD Propoganda card, Zidlicky Victory, Olli Jokinen, Ellis, Weight
The Tales of the Cup card is cool. Nice to look back at hockey history.

Pack 4 - Huselius, Finger, Foligno, UD Propoganda card, Meszaros Victory, Ovechkin checklist card, Rozsival, Phillips, Hiller
Always nice photography in the main UD set. This one is no different.

Pack 5 - Hamrlik, Prospal, Kiprusoff, UD Propoganda card, Frolik Victory, Ovechkin, Zednik, Lalime, Gill
The Ovechkin card is well done. Lots of cards with celebration poses in this set.

Pack 6 - Satan, Tkachuk, Burrows, Brunette, Theo Peckham Young Guns RC, UD Propoganda card, Brunette Victory, Grier, Tambellini
The Andrew Brunette pack! Rare but wonderful! Yeah, but no. And an Oiler rookie. The first card of the pack should have told me it would be like this.

Pack 7 - Khabibulin, Demitra, Johnsson, UD Propoganda card, Petr Vrana Victory RC, Boogaard, Campoli, Boucher, Conklin
.......... the first pack was good!

Got a jersey and a Young Guns, so I guess it's not a total loss. Didn't get any Doans, but there's only the base, the Exclusives /100, the HighGloss /10, and an insert. Very nice set though.

No comments: