Sunday, February 15, 2009

Black Diamond blaster. Part 3.

Technically, I should be pushing my luck a little here, but even without the good pulls I've had, I really like the Black Diamond set. It's very well done, with a minimum of damaged cards, which is unique for this set. Most years there is ample chipping due to the high amount of foil on the cards. And really, when you're on a roll, go until it stops. Or is that what crazy people say?

Oh, and I still haven't pulled ANY Shane Doan cards from Black Diamond.

But to start.... one pack of MVP, and one pack of O-Pee-Chee.

MVP - McLean, Brad Richards, Keith, Olesz, Giguere, Kuba, Comeau, Oscar Moller RC, UD propaganda card
Nice to get a Dallas Star in the pack, and Moller (ex-Chilliwack Bruin) is going to be a good one, I think. Not a bad start.

O-Pee-Chee - Brule, Modin, Eriksson, Johnsson, Huet, D'Agostini rookie
Another Dallas Star. From O-Pee-Chee, I've only pulled the large Doan from the blaster.

On to the blaster.......

Pack 1 - Elias, Bieksa, Zubov, Malone, Leclaire
Not the best start.

Pack 2 - Hartnell, Gonchar, Halak, Prospal, Nash Triple Diamond
Nice pull on the Nash. Again, 1:8, so I shouldn't have one in here.

Pack 3 - Jack Johnson, Penner, Osgood Double Diamond, Kostitsyn, Vrbata
Hmm. No Doan again?

Pack 4 - Kariya, Wolski, Pominville, Kronwall, Ellis
Hmm. Even pack 1 was better than this.

Pack 5 - Michalek, Bouchard, Legace, Byfuglien, Alex Goligoski Triple Diamond RC
Another triple diamond, which I can't really complain about.

Pack 6 - Morrow, Statsny Double Diamond Premier Cuts, Brygalov, Green, Shanahan
I am getting a lot of doubles of inserts and multiple diamond cards. Just saying.

Well, I again beat the odds, but my luck with these is clearly declining, as I'm starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel on the rarer cards. I have some eBay auctions up, so maybe it's time for a hobby box of this....... then again, that's what I said last time, isn't it.

No comments: