Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WHAT THE F........?

So.

In the past few weeks, looking up my two Doans on the Upper Deck redemption site, I see that they are complete, and being shipped. I thought well holy crap they're finally removed their heads from their collective asses. So I sit, awaiting the package. It arrived today.

I open with anticipation to hope to find:
05-06 UD Ice Glacial Graphs Shane Doan (Book Value $10)
05-06 Fleer Ultra Scoring Kings Auto Jersey Shane Doan ##/20 (No book value due to low numbering, but these usually run in the $50 range or so)

.................... I RECEIVE:
In lieu of the first:
05-06 UD Ice Glacial Graphs Ryan Kesler (Book Value $10)
- I hate not getting the Doan, but this IS proper book value, so I guess....... well no, I'm kinda pissed.

In lieu of the second
05-06 UD Ice Fresh Ice Glass Henrik Zetterberg (Book Value $12)
- I was stunned for about 3 seconds. Then, cage rattling, fire breathing fury. What in the flying hell are they thinking??????????

A math lesson for UD:
$10 = $10 - yay, you got that right.
$12 <> $50+ - idiots.

How can this company continue to do business this way? How can the NHL be SO STUPID as to allow these assholes their only contract? The problem is that both know that we are lemmings, and if we want NHL cards, this is the shit we need to put up with.

(Something you should know about me. I don't like profanity. If I use it, especially in typing it, I'm extremely angry)

I've fired off an angry e-mail to UD. It likely won't do anything except earn me more excuses. I'll also send an e-mail to the NHL. I can't imagine more than a canned response in return.

At this point in time, for the first time in my life, I'm ready to pack it in. I love hockey cards, but I simply cannot support a company that treats its customers this badly. I've already slowed my buying considerably. Will I stop? I doubt it. I won't include redemptions in my Doan collection anymore, that's for sure. I refuse to spend my money on cards that may or may not come my way.

I don't know. I don't have anything more to say. I held my hopes up (to me "autos in stock, cards being sent" means I'm getting what I asked for), and again, the useless bastards shit in my mouth. They continue to stun me with their incredible incompetence. Do I stop collecting altogether, change the way I collect, or just say screw it, this is how it is?

No comments: